miércoles, 4 de mayo de 2016

TC201 Course Review

In this entry I am gonna get a little bit serious. I want to give my very honest opinion about the Course TC201 of Object Oriented Programming with Ken Bauer.

From the begining of the semester I really worked hard in this course, I mean, I was really interested about learning to code with Object Oriented thinking, I did every WSQ (the ones that had exercises to do) even if I did not posted it on my blog, I knew I was learning and that made me chill more than I should.

Second semester I really think I could have done this way better, I started missing classes, and one of the reasons for that, was the fact I ran out of WSQ'S. Now, before anyone thinks I'm blaming professor Bauer, I must clear that up. The fact that the profesor doesn't post any other activities, must not be a reason for us to stop practicing... we have the internet! it is full of great exercises, we also have the ThinkJAVA book with more exercises, a lot of them focused on Object Oriented programming and thinking. 2nd partial grades are on me.

The point I'm trying to make here is that, and I don't mean to categorize here and this is my personal opinion, but I have noticed we as mexicans are kind of lazy, if the techer is no there telling us to work we don't work, I never considered myself to be like that, but surprise, surprise, I am, but that doesn't mean I can't change, or any of us.

Maybe I was not ready for this grading style, but in this last weeks of the semester I have come to understand it and change, I still have to work on posting on my blog, I have never been that much of a blogger, still it is not impossible to change that.

What I mean is that maybe this Grading style, at least in my particular case, was exactly what I needed, a way to see myself as the student that I really am, an outside picture and analysis about myself and I think this coursed helped me a lot to see everything I can change to be a better student, and I will give my best to do it all in all of my next courses regardless of the grading style.

Next time I have a course with this grading style, I'll be ready.

Thanks prfessor Bauer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario